July 10, 2008 -- Able Newsflash No.126
Skills for Care surveyed more than 500 direct payment employers and 400 personal assistants. The survey found that:
- 79% of employers were very satisfied with the care and support they received from the personal assistants.
- Only 7% of the direct payment employers offered external training for their personal assistants.
- There are approx. 50,000 recipients of direct payments who are employers and they provide posts for approx. 76,000 personal assistants.
- 87% of personal assistants are female and the average take home pay is �165.00per week.
In Scotland there are in excess of 3,000 social care vacancies which includes 400 social worker posts. The vacancies are within Scottish Councils.
Potential new clients were visited in Norfolk, Berkshire, Bedfordshire and London.
A further meeting has taken place with Suffolk Fire Department in relation to arranging fire safety risk assessments, free of charge, for people we care for in Suffolk who have advised us that they would like to take up this offer.
New posts have commenced in:
For the month of June 2008 19047 pages of our website were visited. Web site is: http://www.
- Sussex � elderly lady suffering with Emphysema. Salary �625.00pw inc. Care Manager Jackie Maasz 01603 281917
- Hertfordshire � Elderly gentleman requiring after stroke care. Salary �576.00pw.inc. Care Manager Sam Clarke 01603 281918
- London � Lady in her early 40�s with MS. Salary �598.00pw. inc. Care Manager Jackie Maasz 01603 281917
To whoever sent our accountant Michael Gill an Abacus he would like to say thank you, but could they tell him how to use it! Also, as they requested the bubble wrap back, could they please make themselves known to Michael on 01603 281924.
Question asked of Able Community Care this week
"Having retired at the age of sixty five I would like to become a blood donor. However, a friend has said that I am now too old, am I?
Answer : The lower age limit is 17 years and the upper age limit is 70 years of age.
Average cost of a UK funeral in 2007 was �2,390. In Scotland the cost was approx. �2,500. Mintel carried out the research for AXA Insurance and estimated that by 2012 the UK average funeral price will be �3,300.
The research also included an estimate of possible additional costs associated with a funeral:
We hope you have enjoyed reading this and "see you next week".
- Administration of the estate(probate) �2,107
- Funeral flowers �229.00
- Death notice in newspapers �98.00
- Catering at wake for 50 people �341.00
- Memorial e.g. headstone �3,533
Angela Gifford, Proprietor
Able Community Care.