May 08, 2008 -- Able Newsflash No.117
In 2007 the CRB processed over 3 million checks. The present time scale is advised as 90% of Standard Disclosures processed in 10 days with 90% of Enhanced Disclosures being processed in 4 weeks.
At a national level in Scotland the sum of �81m has been paid out by health authorities across Scotland over the last eleven years to cover 1,900 medical negligence claims.
The charity United Response supports people with learning disabilities or mental health needs to live in the community. The charity carried out a recent survey which reveals that whilst 80% of the people supported by the charity are eligible to vote only 1 in 6 participated at their last local election and 1 in 8 in the last general election. Charity website is: http://www.unitedresponse.orguk
Potential clients have been visited in Norfolk, Lancashire and Greater Manchester.
Reviews have taken place in Greater Manchester and Suffolk.
A new client post has begun in Lancashire. A lady in her late 50�s with cognitive health problems. Care Manager is Alan Wilson 01603 281916. Salary �608.00pw inc.
- BME � black and minority ethnic
- IAPT = Improving Access to Psychological Therapies.
Annually we ask all our clients their views on how Able Community Care is providing their care service. We provide an sae for easy return. From the forms that we have received back to date, during the next few weeks we will quote answers to the questions we posed our clients and their advocates.
The first question was:
"What do you like about the services you are currently receiving?"
We hope you have enjoyed reading this and "see you next week".
- Reliability of service.
- Consistency of carers.
- Helps me stay in my own home.
- It gives me piece of mind as I live quite a distance from my Mum.
- Good carers.
- Very convenient and a great help.
- Good carers. SP & GZ are excellent.
- Enables my husband to stay in his own home.
- Staff are flexible, friendly and supportive.
- It provides me with a sense of security. I get on well with A & W.
- Regular carers, good contact with the office.
- It enables me to live at home independently.
- I have had over a year with my carer, I know her well, also my second carer is great.
- I have a live in carer.
- The provision of reliable, honest carers would be impossible without the agency. My Father has enjoyed the company of almost all of his carers. Any problems are easily discussed too.
- Excellent carers � kind and efficient.
- Very good.
- From a respite care package � Carer CJ has lived in for my last two holidays and they really hit it off and M feels well cared for by him.
- Good company but they have to work too hard.
- Continuity of care.
- I like the services.
- Happy with the carers who keep her house clean and tidy all the time and are always cheerful and happy.
- Generally very reliable, no occasions when carer has not arrived.
- Satisfied and reassured that the carers are CRB checked by the company.
- M seems happy and content.
- The caring carers most times.
- On an �even keel� care is very reliable.
- Good changeover of carers and continuity of care.
- They are reliable.
- I like the fact I have 24 hour care.
- I like it because it is regular, consistent and good.
- The high standard of care which the current carers provide and the good liaison we have with our Care Manager.
- Everything is OK.
- Experienced, excellent carers providing safe and comfortable moving and handling, carers and service very professional, reliable, good companions, good at cooking and the home is clean.
- Some carers are not good enough cooks, some clumsy with household items but other wise ok.
- Second regular carer would be appreciated.
- The regular changeover of carers.
- Guaranteed care cover.
- High standard of responsibility and the willingness to adapt.
- Very pleased with the service I have received.
- I like being in my home also that carers take me out to town when I want.
- Gives me piece of mind.
- The whole package is very good.
- Very happy with service my aunt is receiving.
- The established team works well.
- Very satisfied and reliable.
- High quality staff.
- J has a regular rota of carers who know him well. They encourage him to do things for himself and make his own decisions. All are different which is excellent.
- Knowing I can rely on the carers to look after Mum and Dad professionally and with great care. The continuity of the same carers is very important.
- Being free from the stress and pressure of admin, to be able to direct any dispute to Care Manager leaving me free to care for my mum.
- Enables me to stay in my own home which makes me happy. I get on well with the carers.
- P & L are excellent and compassionate carers and help S stay happy and content with his condition.
- It is very good and I like the carers two weeks on and two weeks off.
- Good quality carers generally and reliable.
- I like my two main carers, they are very respectful of me and my home and they ensure that I remain as independent as possible.
- Peace of mind knowing that my Mum has someone around.
- Knowing that someone will be there 24 hours a day, every day.
- You provide an absolutely vital means of maintaining a degree of independence for my Father in his own home.
- Reliable, pleasant and competent carers.
- Very pleased with the carers being provided.
- Flexibility � able to choose who I want to care for me and the dates.
- Unobtrusive, competent and obliging.
- Carers are really caring and provide an excellent and reliable service.
- Very good.
- The service received allows me to stay in my own home.
- Carer D is physically competent and willing to manage R�s problems always with good humour.
- Regular carers.
- My parents can stay and be cared for at home in their own surroundings.
- Continuity, friendliness, satisfied with the service in general.
- It is dependable, if for any reason a carer cannot make it, another carer is drafted in.
- Reliability, generally high standard of carers.
- Just knowing that there is company and care 24 hours a day.
- The carers have been reliable and caring and we have been very impressed with your company.
- The company, reassurance, helping to remember what I am doing, helping me to stay in my own home.
- We currently enjoy two regular carers that provide my father with consistency and known faces (to him).
- Regular carers.
- The certainty that K always has a carer and that she is safe and happy as possible at home.
- Takes the responsibility from my shoulders.
- I am very satisfied with the care and help I get. They are my friends as well and we have fun.
- 24 hour care allows me to stay in my own home.
- Regular rota of carers.
- Excellent companionship enables me to live at home.
- Consistency of the care worker, reliability. They have got to know me very well.
- My two carers.
- They provide excellent care.
- I am currently receiving a high standard of care which I am pleased with. I also enjoy the social aspect of having carers.
- I get on well with my two regular carers. They give me the best services.
- If carer can drive my car I am able to go out two or three times a week � to town, library or theatre.
- Advance notification of arrival of carers and their ability to blend in with the family.
- Same good carers, regular, not people with a bit of paper.
- The fact it enables me to live at home and be as normal as possible.
- I know that my brother is being well looked after and I feel secure.
- They are personal and meet my needs. The carers are friendly.
- They have been with me many years and I consider them my friends.
- Carers fully understand my needs and are competent in stoma care which can be difficult to find in most carers. But most of all they respect me and my home which is very important.
- Reliability, efficiency, lovely carers!
- The fact that cover is maintained by two very good regular carers.
- Continual 24 hour service.
- Can maintain and independent life while still living in my own home.
- Good on the whole.
- Efficient and helpful when I have used you. (Respite)
- Good caring people.
- It gives me a choice to be as independent as possible given the disability I have at present.
- Reliability, security and care for my Mother. Two very good carers who maintain a regularity and pattern to my Mothers life.
- Excellent carers who use their common sense and contact me immediately if there is a problem.
- Allows me to be more active.
- I am very lucky to have had the same main carer for nearly five years now. She helps me enormously in very many ways.
- Reliable, friendly carers. Any problems normally sorted out quickly.
- The full time companionship that the carers provide to my mum.
Angela Gifford, Proprietor
Able Community Care.