Competition for Informal Carers of Adults
NOTICE : This competition took place in 2005 and is now closed.
Content remains here for informational purposes only.
NOTICE : The winners of the competition were chosen by Humphrey Hawksley, BBC Foreign Correspondent and Bev Dawkins from Mencap:
- Mrs Pat S of Hampshire
- Mrs Margaret K of Lancashire
- Mrs Irene B of Falkirk
- Mr K O of Haddington
- Mrs Grace P of Wrexham
- Mrs Christine M from Vale of Glamorgan
(NB. Competition is closed.) Win a three night (DBB) Spring Hotel Break and travel for yourself and one other person whilst we care for your loved one in their home.
Able Community Care is a nationwide provider of long term, live-in care schemes and we are celebrating our 25 year Silver Jubilee this year (2005).
As part of the celebrations we are holding the competition for informal carers who are looking after someone over 18 years of age.
There are six hotel breaks to be won, two for carers in England, two in Scotland and two in Wales.
If you would like to enter, please read the terms and conditions below and complete the form at the bottom of this page. (Form has been deleted as the competition is now closed)
Humphrey Hawksley, BBC Foreign Correspondent and Author who also speaks and writes on special needs and caring issues. Website:
Dea Birkett, Guardian Newspaper Columnist. Website:
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary.
- Application forms can also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Able Community Care (Comp), The Old Parish Rooms, Whitlingham Lane, Trowse, Norwich, NR14 8TZ. Tel: 01603 764567 Fax: 01603 761655
- All completed entries must be received by Monday 31st October 2005.
- There are no cash alternatives.
- There is no alternative choice of hotel.
- There must be a facility for the carer to have their own bedroom to sleep in.
- By entering the draw, every competitor agrees to be bound by the rules and any other requirements set out in the promotional literature.
- The promoters reserve the right to disqualify incomplete, altered and illegible, or multiple entries or entries sent in by a third party or agent.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in the post or insufficiently stamped.
- Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- All short listed applicants may be contacted for an informal chat.
- The winners will be chosen on the basis of the information on their entry form and on what, in the judges opinion, are the most appropriate 12 words describing why they would like a three night hotel Spring Break.
- The winner will then be notified in writing.
- The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- As a result of winning the competition, the prize winners may be asked to participate in publicity associated with winning a prize.
- Winners' names can be obtained 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Able Community Care, The Old Parish Rooms, Whitlingham Lane, Trowse, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8TZ.
- The promoter: Able Community Care, The Old Parish Rooms, Whitlingham Lane, Trowse, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8TZ.
Able Community Care is registered as a provider of live-in care to adults with the Commission for Social Care Inspection (now the Care Quality Commission).